Friday, May 14, 2010

Hello winter- and welcome to the Southern Hemisphere!

Well I survived the worst illness I have ever had. Ever. Thank you, K. Rudd and the rest of Australian's government, for your generous sick leave. 

Now, I am back, better than ever. Ready to take on Mebourne's winter....

Notable points of an Australian Autumn/Winter:

- Lack of central heating. Layering of clothes X4 necessary. 
- Absence of snow. What is a winter without snow? Amateurs... 
-  Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain, 5 minutes of sunlight, Rain Rain 
- Notable increase of stroke patients presenting to Royal Melbourne....
- Ugg boots... they really are needed in Australia. Who knew you'd need more than Haivaianas?

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around a cold, dreary July... 

Antidotes for Winter:

Festivals 
Gumboots
Coffee
Arcadia Cafe Eggs
Nights at the pub followed by 8K "Fun" Runs
AFL, or "Footie"
Rugby
More nights at the pub....

However... Mark my words. The next Australian summer, I will be oceanside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment